PROJECT Green Energy
Geothermal Energy for Straldzha Municipality
Achieving integrated local development and increased attractiveness of the region.
The main goal of the project is to achieve sustainable, integrated local development and increased attractiveness of the region.
This was done by improving the conditions in the municipality’s energy grid. An international team put into operation a centralized heating system using two inactive geothermal wells – a renewable energy source an existing drilling operation.
IDN organised a three day knowledge transfer visit to Norway and provided experts on local energy planning for an energy planning conference in Bulgaria organised by Straldzha municipality.
The full outcomes from the project were:
- Successful partnership between Straldzha municipality and IDN;
- Carried out public procurement procedures and signed contracts with the selected contractors – 9pcs;
- Constructed pumping station;
- Delivered and installed heat exchangers – 8pcs;
- Carried out joint training seminar in Bulgaria for 25 participants;
- Five representatives of the applicant informed of good practices on the territory of the partner country; 7
- Visibility and publicity measures applied;
- Reduced exhaust C02 emissions with 306 t/year